Carpenter File 5: My Classes
My Classes here have been very interesting and I'm excited to see how my perspectives will change as the semester progresses. I'm taking
Beginning German I
Austrian Civilization
Modern Europe
History of Music
Photography
Hiking and Rafting
Austrian Cuisine
I don't think 17 hours is going to kill me but I hope that is won't be overwhelming. German is a great class and I'm already conjugating verbs...WOHOOO! Actually it is a great class and it’s nice to begin to understand the people around me. Austrian Civilization is a nice window into the world of Salzburg around me. But I have to admit it can be rather boring at times to learn about how many provinces, cities, industries, etc.
History of Music is hilarious because my professor is so quirky. He reminds me of every stereotype there is of an extremely artsy musician. Long hair, Bohemian clothing style, great accent. It’s going to be a tough class though.
I LOVE my modern Europe class!!! The professor is an older gentleman in his mid to late 60's and he is so fascinating to listen too! He has a captivating presentation and presence with all his words and he really is presenting a new idea to me of how interconnected the US is with Europe throughout history and today. I am, however, constantly having to check his ideas with my own because I do not agree with all of his presupposed positions so therefore have a different outlook. But overall I am excited to get teaching from a totally new angle and history from a new venue. It’s a challenge and I love a challenge.
Photography is hands down my favorite class. The professor, Andrew, is very young and very open to my creative opinions and attempts. I am the only advanced student. All the others are beginners. Andrew has lots of time to devote to my questions and is very helpful in showing me how to get the best photographs. I love the projects I will be completing and can hardly wait to begin them.
Hiking and rafting ROCKS!!! We went rafting yesterday and it was really fun. Though the rapids were more like smooth streams...the guides were hilarious and knew very little English so it was an adventure. The guides kept running us into the other rafts and trying to steal people away from one raft to another. It was SO funny! I ended up guiding our raft down a section of the river and shouting out commands! It was really fun! Then we stopped and jumped down a waterfall! The water was FREEZING. Hiking starts next weekend. We are going to the largest ice caves in the Europe in 2 weeks!
I begin Austrian Cuisine tonight so I'll let you know how that one goes!
Hope that gives you a good perspective on my scholastic week!
Beginning German I
Austrian Civilization
Modern Europe
History of Music
Photography
Hiking and Rafting
Austrian Cuisine
I don't think 17 hours is going to kill me but I hope that is won't be overwhelming. German is a great class and I'm already conjugating verbs...WOHOOO! Actually it is a great class and it’s nice to begin to understand the people around me. Austrian Civilization is a nice window into the world of Salzburg around me. But I have to admit it can be rather boring at times to learn about how many provinces, cities, industries, etc.
History of Music is hilarious because my professor is so quirky. He reminds me of every stereotype there is of an extremely artsy musician. Long hair, Bohemian clothing style, great accent. It’s going to be a tough class though.
I LOVE my modern Europe class!!! The professor is an older gentleman in his mid to late 60's and he is so fascinating to listen too! He has a captivating presentation and presence with all his words and he really is presenting a new idea to me of how interconnected the US is with Europe throughout history and today. I am, however, constantly having to check his ideas with my own because I do not agree with all of his presupposed positions so therefore have a different outlook. But overall I am excited to get teaching from a totally new angle and history from a new venue. It’s a challenge and I love a challenge.
Photography is hands down my favorite class. The professor, Andrew, is very young and very open to my creative opinions and attempts. I am the only advanced student. All the others are beginners. Andrew has lots of time to devote to my questions and is very helpful in showing me how to get the best photographs. I love the projects I will be completing and can hardly wait to begin them.
Hiking and rafting ROCKS!!! We went rafting yesterday and it was really fun. Though the rapids were more like smooth streams...the guides were hilarious and knew very little English so it was an adventure. The guides kept running us into the other rafts and trying to steal people away from one raft to another. It was SO funny! I ended up guiding our raft down a section of the river and shouting out commands! It was really fun! Then we stopped and jumped down a waterfall! The water was FREEZING. Hiking starts next weekend. We are going to the largest ice caves in the Europe in 2 weeks!
I begin Austrian Cuisine tonight so I'll let you know how that one goes!
Hope that gives you a good perspective on my scholastic week!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home